Discovery is a leading not-for-profit care provider in Somerset, and we are looking for an exceptional professional who shares our values of putting the people we support at the centre of our care.
We work in partnership with family carers. On top of day-to-day involvement with the care of their relative, families are represented in strategic planning, special projects and in our Internal Quality and Compliance checks.
We are now looking for a Family Consultant, home based in the South of England, to join the team and help us move forward with our commitment to ensure families have a louder voice.
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week. This role can be offered on a job share basis, so please let us know if that would be of interest to you.
About the Role
As a Family Consultant, you'll be expected to:
- Establish and co-ordinate the involvement and engagement of families, from individual colleagues to Board level, in Discovery
- Ensure family issues are respected, valued and considered across the organisation
- Hold the organisation to account for its commitment to families
- Be an honest broker between the different experiences, commitments and responsibilities of families and Discovery
To join us as a Family Consultant, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Experience of promoting, providing and enabling the involvement and engagement of family carers
- Previous experience of effective team management
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to convey the views and needs of a diverse range of family carers with a good understanding of their varied experience
- A good understanding of person-centred practices and what this means for people with learning disabilities/autism and their families in everyday terms
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Carer, Care Support Co-ordinator, Support Worker, Care Support Advisor, Autism Support Worker, Healthcare Co-ordinator or Care Advisor.
Our values of Ambition, Integrity, Courage, Partnership and Respect guide us in everything we do.
Discovery is the largest provider of care in Somerset for people with learning disabilities and autism. Our motivation is to ensure that the people we support get more from life and we use our experience, connections and provide best practices to deliver our ambitions. This includes supported living, registered care, outreach, respite, crisis support, day support and supported employment. We support people to have a louder voice, greater choice and control in their lives.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Salary of £34,000 per annum
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 17th July 2019.
Discovery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone.
To take your next step as our Family Consultant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.