Business Development Manager
We are looking to recruit a Field-Based Business Development Manager here at Lexis Nexis on a permanent basis to proactively engage with In House Clients to understand their specific business challenges, needs and requirements. Identifying then educating on where LexisNexis is uniquely positioned to support them. From here, sell a bespoke range of LexisNexis core Legal, Tax, News and Business Research Solution lines based on those specific business needs.
Formulate a strategy, on an account-by-account basis, by which new revenue opportunities are maximised and profitable business is won
Ensuring sales and productivity targets are met - weekly, monthly, yearly
Ensuring all debt management is covered and accounted for in a timely fashion, by working with customers closely
Ensuring GDPR following rules and processes
Preparing a sales strategy for the allocated territory, accurately forecasting new business month by month, and providing a three-month forecast at any given time. Including maintaining a clear and accurate sales pipeline at all times
Providing the Head of Business Development with forecasts and reports as and when requested by them.
Timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports.
Preparing a sales plan to displace competitive products within prospective client base.
Achieving and exceeding monthly targets as defined by the Head of Business Development.
Developing new contact either as decision-makers or influencers.
Prioritising opportunities, ensuring maximum customer-facing time is achieved, with a minimum 6 client meetings per week
Demonstrate complete knowledge of the features, advantages and benefits of all LN products, and be able to demonstrate them fully.
Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
Strong working knowledge of tools, principles, concepts and external frameworks in and affecting own area. Deals with day-to-day operational problems within own area, solving problems by making judgements.
Gathering customer insight and bringing back to the business in formats provided
All other duties as reasonably required.
Lexis Nexis Values
- Passion for Winning
- Customer Focus
- Valuing our People
* Demonstrate experience of building and maintaining excelling client relationships.
* Highly motivated, resilient and experienced sales professional with passion & conviction to take on new challenges in a business development capacity
* Ability to demonstrate integrity, conviction and natural curiosity
* Excellent written and verbal communication with superior business acumen
* Ability to demonstrate existing proven success and overachievement in a fast-paced quota-driven environment
* A strong working history of solution based consultative selling, with the ability to maximise sales through identifying metrics
* Able to manage multiple ongoing complex opportunities at any one point in time
* Be process driven and follows proven best practice achieve success
* Up to 5 years sales experience, with a proven track record of success including working remotely in the field
- Sales Teams
- GTM Sales Academy
- Marketing Teams
- Customer Success Teams
- Product Teams
- Sales Operations
- Customer Services Teams