Know Your Customer Quality Assurance
Job Title: Know Your Customer Quality Assurance
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Regulation, Compliance & Anti Financial Crime
This role reports to the Regional Quality Assurance Coordinator. The team's key responsibility is participating in the design and implementation of a globally consistent 2nd Line of Defence (LOD) Quality Assurance (QA) capability for assuring that Know Your Client (KYC) controls are robust and correctly executed across the Bank.
- Obtaining access to appropriate business records
- Undertaking reviews and assessments of the business records in line with the testing plan, liaising directly with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Advisory Compliance and business staff
- Preparing reports for submission to the Risk & Control and Global Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Testing teams in hub locations, detailing the work performed, findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Compiling reports and trend analysis in preparation for discussion with key stakeholders from the Business and Global Technology and Operations functions, identifying key issues and areas for improvement
- Providing advice and state of readiness (for regulatory audits) to the business on the design and implementation of appropriate 1st Line of Defense KYC controls
- Maintaining the current KYC Quality Assurance approach and ensuring that methodology is consistent and up-to-date
- Working in coordination with the Risk & Control and Global AFC Testing teams in hub locations
- Participating in the creation of testing plans for areas of identified potential AFC risk
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory developments that may impact monitoring requirements
- Assisting with projects, as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of international Banking business and products
- Experience with regulators and managing regulatory examinations
- Ability to work independently, managing projects and deliverables to completion
- Experience of working within a multinational organisation
- In-depth understanding and application of relevant global AML & KYC regulation and legislation (including but not limited to; the German AML Act, the German Banking Act, 3rd AML European Union (EU) Directive, 4th AML EU Directive and other supporting regulations)
- Understanding of AML regulatory expectations in Germany, United Kingdom and United States
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change in global cross-functional initiatives (Business, Operations, Technology, etc)
- An enthusiastic team player with an ability to build strong, open dialogue-based relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Action-oriented with a strong focus on completing tasks accurately and efficiently, whilst working independently and with minimal direction
- Ability to take a pro-active approach to tasks and responsibilities
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.