Product Design Trainee
Are you a graduate who is looking for a new opportunity to be able to develop professionally and improve designing skills?
Have a look into this amazing opportunity, it may be the perfect job for you!
OVERVIEW TO COMPANY
The client specialises in high-quality timber engineered Roof Trusses, Floor Joists (both Ecojoists and JJI Joists) and Glulam Beams.
The business started in 1986 and has continued to grow steadily since they formed their sister company in 1997 to focus on the manufacture of roof trusses and floor joists. They are proud to supply house builders, commercial property developers, architects and contractors nationally as well as regionally and locally. The success of the business is built on the trust of its customers and the personal commitment of their outstanding people. The dedication of everyone who works there to customer satisfaction and quality, from design to delivery, is unrivalled and includes:
- Dedicated Customer Service Contacts and Ongoing Technical Support
- Market Leading Design Team
- Research and Innovation-Led Product Development
- Commercially Efficient, Professionally Engineered Solutions
- Ongoing Investment in Infrastructure, Design and Manufacturing Processes
- Seven Large Manufacturing Facilities in Northamptonshire, Wales, Essex, Cheshire, Wolverhampton and Scotland
- In House Delivery Fleet
- Pro-Active Environmental Programme to Meet Green Manufacturing Targets
The result is perfectly engineered products every time, for the smallest extension to the largest construction project - and customer relationships that last for a decade.
JOB TITLE: Product Design Trainee
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
You will be working for a specialist company that designs roof and floor structures for a variety of projects and customers. This technical role will be based in the design office and as you gain product knowledge, you will be given both in-house and external training to enable you to use the company's specialist CAD computer design packages which are called Roof and Truss. These programmes link to their management information system which is called Matrix. Other duties will include all aspects of general office work, filing, faxing, photocopying, answering the telephone calls and dealing with client enquiries.
- Design Roof Trusses for various projects
- Learn and develop skills in various design software packages
- Client interaction and development
- Administration duties
- Problem investigation and diagnosis.
- Customer service
- Assist and work alongside the design team
- A relevant Degree in Design or IT.
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths; all at grade C or above (or equivalent).
- IT software packages desired but not essential
- Good English skills.
- Can work well in a team.
- Good understanding of IT functions
HOLIDAY: 20 days per annum
- Free Parking
- Death in service
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday