Managing Editor (maternity cover)
We are looking for an experienced Editor to join our client, a leading STM Publisher, to help grow an assigned list of journals. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with Journals experience and a thorough knowledge of Open Access to drive strategic journal development and content commissioning. The role is based in their offices in Hertfordshire, a short and easy commute from London. This is a 12 month maternity cover position.
Managing Editor Key duties:
- Manage the day-to-day responsibility of an assigned number of journals, including building editorial boards, building citations and monitoring performance
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure journals are performing and meeting KPIs in terms of usage, reputation and quality
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the editorial workflow is operating efficiently
- Maintain up to date and relevant competitor intelligence and statistics
- Report using the peer review system to drive development and make improvements
Managing Editor Experience / skills required:
- Experience working within STM Journals in an editorial role
- Strong understanding of Open Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with excellent management skills
- A self-motivated attitude and the ability to work minimum supervision
- Highly literate and numerate and IT proficient
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.