Office Manager & PA
Junior PA/Office Manager job, Holborn, up to GBP28000, Educational Charity, supporting CEO and the team.
Your new company
This organisation is an educational charity that work with schools in challenging circumstances. They have successfully transformed schools previously deemed to be inadequate into good ones in order that all their students can have the best start in life. They are committed to providing educational opportunity for children of all abilities and to building cultural capital through a wide range of co-curricular activities. Curricular innovation through their Knowledge Connected programmes promotes creative, integrated and pro-active thinking so that our students are equipped for the challenges of the 21st century.
Your new role
To provide a high standard of administrative support to the Chief Executive and Executive Directors of the Trust.
Diary management and administration
- Managing the Chief Executive's diary effectively and efficiently, including booking internal and external meetings, meeting rooms, confirming attendance, providing papers and tea/coffee as necessary.
- Organising the Chief Executive's travel & accommodation.
- Assisting Executive Directors in the organisation of cross-Trust days (e.g. quarterly Principals' meetings and other such events).
- Supporting Executive Directors in any ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Assisting in organising travel for Board members when visiting schools/events.
- Answering any phone calls and handling the capturing of all messages etc.
- Meet and greet visitors to the Head Office.
- Processing Chief Executive's expenses.
- Holiday and sickness recording.
- Managing Head Office calendar.
- Minute-taking of the bi-weekly Executive Committee meeting; ensuring action points are captured accurately and followed up for completion.
- Being the Head Office contact for the central ICT team.
- Ensuring office electrical equipment is in good working order (includes organising annual PAT testing).
- Ordering office supplies and stationery.
- Being the main contact for the landlord, and managing the relationship with the tenant and office cleaner.
- Keeping access key and swipe-card register.
- Generally keeping the office tidy and organised.
Correspondence and documentation
- To ensure that all enquiries and correspondence are dealt with promptly and effectively, in a manner which promotes a positive image of the Chief Executive. This includes managing incoming and outgoing post, and the
- To produce letters, reports and documents (including confidential items).
- Preparation of presentations for internal and external meetings with short turnaround times.
- To utilise a variety of software packages to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, spreadsheets and databases.
- To support the Chief Executive in preparing reports and other written materials. Tasks may include drafting, proof reading, printing and binding.
- To manage filing systems (both electronic and paper).
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified to A level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a PA or senior administrator.
- Office management experience.
- Experience of taking accurate and succinct minutes of meetings.
- Strong administration skills and the ability to implement and maintain effective systems.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise competing demands effectively.
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to improving standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with senior individuals internally and externally in a confident but discrete manner.
- Helpful and calm with a positive attitude towards work.
- Adaptable and able to work with minimum supervision and proactively.
- Aligned with their high aspirations and high expectations of self and others.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Highly computer literate, with experience of data handling and necessary IT systems (including PowerPoint, diary management using Microsoft Outlook and mail merge using Microsoft Word).
- A demonstrable commitment to supporting and promoting safeguarding, student welfare, equality and diversity.
What you'll get in return
If you have an interest in education and are looking forward to working with a charity to help students lives become better - it is a permanent position based in the heart of London.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.