Transport Logistics Co-Ordinator
Transport administrator/Traffic planner / Logistics co-ordinator EJ1064
GBP25,000 basic bonus GBP4,000
Our client a leading same day courier logistics company are currently seeking a Traffic planner To develop effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities. You will also manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.
- To develop and control an agreed amount of resources (vehicles, drivers) ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to (Weight limits, Working Time Directive and EU drivers' hours regulations)
- Negotiating prices with subcontract drivers
- To build a reference portfolio of vehicles and drivers
- Produce effective transport plans guided by the operating model
- Ensure that internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and utilisation
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time, and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets achieved and maintained
- To work to deadlines and work independently when required
This role would suit and experienced transport/logistics administrator or possibly an experienced driver who is looking to move into transport planning and fulfilment. You need to be proficient in MS Office and Excel.
In return our client offers a salary of GBP25,000 plus GBP4,000 bonus and excellent career opportunities - please apply now for an interview