Job Title: Intermediate Estimator
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 3rd July 2019
The Company is a successful privately owned specialist company based in Chessington Surrey and recently won The Queen's Award for International Trade. The Company operates in a variety of sectors within the high end fit out market and is looking to employ an experienced, conscientious, self-motivated and ambitious Intermediate Estimator.
They are looking for a highly focused individual, who has a background in high end interior fit out and refurbishment estimating within the Hotel, Retail, Residential & Leisure sectors and is experienced in dealing with tenders from start to finish.
- Have previous estimating experience in a similar roll with a Top Tier Main Contractor within the Interiors Fit Our & Refurbishment sector working on 5* Hotels and Super Prime Residential projects.
- Have a full understanding of Pre-Contract processes and requirements
- Record, monitor and report progress
- Have excellent proven analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate trade packages and sub-contractor quotes to support the Senior Estimators.
- Brief project team, suppliers and contractors
- Assist the estimating team to make profitable and competitive bids by assessing enquiry documentation and detailing both client and internal requirements for the projects
- Assist in the calculation and estimating process of expected costs for construction of a given project
- Prepare project take-offs and Bill of Quantities
- Prepare sub-contract and material enquiries and analyse quotations
- File all relevant documentation such as client and subcontract correspondence as required
- Maintain estimating QA forms in conjunction with the estimating team
- Have ability to draw up budgets and timescales for new projects based on clients' requirement
- Assemble information for invoicing at the end of projects
You should have a good understanding of Pre-Contract processes and be an advanced user of Microsoft Office, (e. Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word). You should have good time management and organisational skills as you will work to tight deadlines prioritising your own workload. Excellent interpersonal skills are a must as building and maintaining good working relationships with your team and other surrounding parties will be a key process within this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful organisation that has a great reputation within the museum high end fit out sector.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and invites applications from all candidates who can work legally in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.