Senior Policy Communications Manager
Policy and Communications Adviser, Civil Service, London, GBP35,000
Your new company
Policy and Communications Adviser, Civil Service, based in London, Paying GBP35,000
Your new role
The stakeholder team manages the organisation's strategic relationships and communications - both internal and external. They work particularly closely with the chief executive as well as other senior leaders, to support their strategic engagement. Your role focuses on a core area of the stakeholder team's work - such as external relations, content and insight, internal communications or corporate services. But you'll need to work across the stakeholder team, sometimes on particular projects, to keep things joined up. You would be acting as the organisation's "eyes and ears", you'll help the organisation to understand their stakeholders' needs and have meaningful conversations - inside and outside the organisation. You'll use critical thinking to get to the bottom of the issues involving their stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you would require:
- Being in tune with what's going on in the world - picking up insights through strong relationships and using common sense and judgement to analyse and interpret information.
- Influencing and persuading across a range of stakeholders - understanding how best to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Communicating complex or sensitive messages in writing - being clear, engaging and accurate.
- Planning and prioritising in a busy and changing environment - caring about achieving results as a team while being flexible.
- Being personally accountable for getting the detail right, while still seeing the bigger picture having worked or gained specialist expertise in one or more of the following areas (Your job advert will highlight the area(s) we are particularly interested in at any given time): policy, government and public affairs advocacy public relations and marketing copy writing, editing and publishing (online or print) research and investigation
- the media internal communications and engagement
What you'll get in return
You would be entitled to a competitive salary and pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.