Area Relief Officer / Relief Security Officer / Security Warder
Job Title: Area Relief Officer
Salary: £9 - £11
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The role of Area Relief Officer (ARO) is to be available when called upon to cover shifts on various sites as and when required. The candidate needs to be flexible and available to work at short notice. The purpose of the role is to provide general, sickness and holiday cover to various sites within a London. You may also be called upon to work on temporary operations.
Although the ARO will not be based permanently at any site it is still of utmost importance to carry out their security role with professionalism. The protection of their client's premises, assets, personnel and visitors are the key priority and you will be required to project a security presence which is both commanding and authoritative.
As a key representative of the company you must be polite and courteous to all individuals, whilst ensuring that your duties are carried out in a professional and timely manner, in full compliance with the Assignment Instructions and Site Guidance Procedures. Your performance must meet or exceed the expectations of the company and their client by being proactive and alert at all times.
- To be available as and when called upon to cover shifts, occasionally at short notice
- To attend your duty shift in full uniform in accordance with the standards for appearance and dress as published in your Employee Handbook and displaying your SIA license and Company's Identification at all times
- To report for duty at least 15minutes before your official start time to complete a full duty handover and receive briefing on any site issues requiring your attention during your shift
- To fully comply with all signing in and out procedures in the Assignment Log and booking on and off and check call procedures
- To fully comply with the Assignment Instructions (AIs), all site security requirements and duty assignments contained therein
- To carry out regular internal and external patrols in accordance with the AIs and to familiarise yourself with the full layout of the site and the perimeter environment
- To manage within the scope of your duty assignment, all access to the site, ensuring access control procedures are fully adhered to, as detailed within the Assignment Instructions and Site Guidance Procedures
- To ensure all incidents occurring during your shift are recorded, and to ensure all relevant logs are completed in line with the Assignment Instructions
- Flexible and willing to mobilise at short notice
- Experience in the security industry
- Holds a current valid SIA licence
- Driving Licence
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of customer service skills
- A good standard of verbal and written communications
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have a 5 year verifiable work history
Due to the large number of applicants that they receive if you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Corporate Security Officer, Security Officer, Security Guard, Security, SIA Licenced Security Officer, Security Enforcement Officer, SIA Licence, CCTV, CCTV Surveillance, CCTV Operator, Estate Security, First Aid, First Aid Certificate, Campus Security will also be considered for this role.