Product Designer / Illustrator / Design - Toy Company
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: St Columb Major, Cornwall, TR9 6SX
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Close date: Friday 21st June 2019
The company is a global toy company that prides itself on creating innovative children's consumer products that both kids and parents love. They are driven by their consumers and fuse insight, innovation and fun, ensuring they stay current for kids of today and toys of tomorrow. From the Company's head office in Cornwall, their expert teams design, develop, sell and market award-winning products, while their China and Hong Kong offices ensure products are manufactured and tested to the highest standards.
People are their greatest asset - they strive to create a culture where employees not only feel valued and empowered, but continue to enhance and grow their careers. The team is insightful, experienced and creative, with a playful sense of adventure that makes Worlds Apart a unique company to work for.
Right now there's an exciting opportunity to join their enthusiastic, lively and dedicated product design team based in Cornwall. They're keen to hear from experienced designers with an eye for popping visuals and illustrative flair, a skilled hand with Adobe Illustrator, proficiency in the rest of Creative Suite and equally happy drawing with pencil and paper.
Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for the design is key. Ideally you'll be a Design graduate with around 2 year's industry background and an interesting and varied portfolio demonstrating proven concept-to-production experience. In addition to peerless creativity, you'll have the personality to fit in seamlessly with their lively and dedicated Product team.
The ideal candidate MUST HAVE:
- A desire to live in Cornwall
- A great portfolio brimming with passion and great design
- An enthusiasm and energy for Design
- Proven experience producing front end products for consumer brands
- Strong presentation skills
- An eye for layout and a hand for Illustration
- Quick and highly capable in Adobe illustrator
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Be comfortable working solo or in a team
- A design degree
- Experience designing across a broad range of materials
- A love of toys and be comfortable adopting a playful approach to their work
- Awareness of commerciality, ergonomics and other factors affecting the feasibility of a design
- Experience in the rest of Creative Suite and office products
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas effectively
Would also be NICE TO HAVE:
- Direct toy industry experience
- Magic Marker or Digital Painting skills
- Experience working with licensed Assets (e. Disney)
- Character design experience
This role could suit a Product Designer, Graphic Designer or Illustrator depending on experience, ambition and aptitude.
In return the Company provides a surprisingly dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent learning and development opportunities in a fun and supportive environment.
Please note, to apply for this position all applicants must submit either a portfolio or recent examples of work.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV, Portfolio and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Product Designer, Design, Toy Designer, Illustrator, Design Assistant, Product Innovator, Design Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Design Illustrator may also be considered for this role.