Membership Promotion Consultant
Are you fantastic at selling to customers from all backgrounds and have a passion for developing and inspiring others? We need sales professionals who are looking for something different, a cause to support and champion. Visitors, members and supporters are the lifeblood of the National Trust. With over 5.5 million members the income we receive from membership enables us to continue our vital conservation work.
That's why this role is so important in helping our properties across the North region to maximise their membership sales potential, by making the most of existing opportunities and exploring exciting new ones. We need someone with excellent sales and customer service experience to support our teams on the ground, through coaching, facilitating and training, to get the best results against our targets for membership recruitment and retention.
This role is based out of our Yorkshire Hub at Goddards in York. We will be interviewing for this role on the 12 July 2019. Make a note of the date
When applying please attach your CV along with a covering letter explaining why this role is just what you are looking for and why you're such a suitable applicant.
The National Trust Consultancy is the home to specialists in every field of our work. A national consultancy, where resources are shared across disciplines and boundaries, it's proving to be a great repository of skills, talent and experience. The diversity and quality of expertise within the Consultancy will enable our properties and places to benefit from an extraordinary range of creative and innovative thinking, as well as deep expertise in all matters relating to our twin purpose of caring for the nation's heritage and landscapes, and making these accessible to all.
In this important role you'll use your sales experience to help us develop and improve our visitor reception operation and membership sales potential. Specialising in membership promotion you'll share knowledge and ideas, inspire, guide, mentor and train colleagues as well as supporting a number of properties across our Yorkshire portfolio.
Through advice and insight, by analysing membership and sales data, you'll champion not only the drive for new members and supporters, but also member retention, growing support and visitor experience strategy. Working in conjunction with fellow Membership Promotion Consultants you'll also help to develop and deliver our annual membership training programme. We want your ideas and innovations; to challenge convention and enable others to succeed.
In this significant role you'll need to have
- A proven track record in sales development, specialising in membership promotion
- The ability to guide, inspire, motivate and train our membership recruiters
- Demonstrable consulting skills of listening, building trust and acting to deliver a high quality service
- Experience of developing effective client/consultant relationships, coaching, motivating and performance management
- Practical experience of achieving success through influencing
- An ability to enthuse, inspire and raise the confidence of non-specialists in areas of membership promotion and supporter loyalty, and customer services principles
- Understanding of sales and customer loyalty including a good understanding of the external environment in relation to this specialism
- Experience of working to analyse data and insights, using it to improve performance
- Training and workshop facilitation experience
- Passion about the cause, engaging supporters with our places
Don't forget; When applying please attach your CV along with a covering letter explaining why this role is just what you are looking for and why you're such a suitable applicant.