Our client is a relatively new and growing specialist mortgage lender who are looking to 'challenge the norm' and create a fresh way of working as well as fresh and innovative mortgage products. They are looking for a 'manual' mortgage underwriter and can offer a highly competitive salary.
Your role will be to ensure the effective processing of all mortgage applications, enhancing their service throughout the customer journey, by developing successful relationship with brokers and advisors, and by identifying and implementing operational efficiencies to improve our service. Ensuring all financial, quality, regulatory, responsible lending and service requirements are maintained.
Your main responsibilities;
- Underwrite all mortgage applications ensuring you deliver exceptional customer service, whilst complying with all regulatory and conduct risk in adherence to lending policy.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of products and policies and assist in implementing changes in line with our risk appetite.
- Manage and organise your own caseload in line with the priorities of the business and build successful relationships across the business especially within the Credit and Sales functions.
Knowledge and Experience;
- Extensive experience of 1st and 2nd charge mortgage underwriting, the mortgage intermediary market, its products, marketing approach and processes
- Manual residential/BTL mortgage underwriting experience and held a lending mandate recently
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player
Why join them?
If you're someone who wants to work for a new, fast-growing business that wants to change the face of the UK mortgage market then please apply now.