Service Improvement Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Reach plc. is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with over 260 titles including the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star and OK!, and market-leading regional titles including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post. Over the last few years the business has experienced phenomenal online growth and their digital portfolio alone reaches nearly 140mn unique users and the overall the business generates revenues well in excess of £600m and solid profits.
Several years ago enterprise IT outsourced a large proportion of their IT operations and support to several trusted partners. This transition has been successful, we are now focused on continuous improvement of service delivery.
Reporting to the Service Delivery and Innovation Lead within IT, this position helps to raise the bar in service delivery within enterprise technology across the group. The post-holder will work with our vendor partners to deliver the best service to our users whilst living within our means. It is a hands-on role that requires working with the end users, vendor partners and the rest of the IT teams.
- Play a key role in reshaping the IT Service function with a relentless focus on continual service improvement, user empowerment and business enablement
- Support the IT Service team in redefining the relationship with Reach's service providers and vendors, from just suppliers to true business partners. This will be done in a cost-constrained environment where creativity is needed to establish how to continually innovate at low cost and find alternative options when facing constraints
- Analyse and interpret large datasets to identify potential areas for improvement, to give a 'best of breed' approach around working practices from our mix of service providers
- Support continual service improvement that will raise the effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes and services.
- Help maintain suitable governance, policies and reporting processes for service
- Conduct regular service reporting, supplier performance measurement, customer satisfaction and internal audit activities.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers for queries relating to IT services, policies and procedures
- Act as a point of escalation on any issues relating to IT service requests and incidents
- Achieve quarterly targets set for the department, aligned with IT goals and objectives
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, influence ideas, and ensure that everything IT Service does brings real value and is focused on outcomes, not outputs
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in providing an excellent experience to end users
- Experience in working closely with outsourced partners who deliver critical services
- Strong appreciation of end user IT needs within a multi-supplier corporate environment
- Excellent reporting and analysis skills; able to work with large amounts of data; has an eye for detail
- Demonstrable experience of working with a range of reporting and analysis toolsets and office applications
- Communication skills: able to explain complex information to a wide range of stakeholders of varying levels of technology-experience and seniority
- Highly-motivated, able to self-manage and multi-task in a fast-working business environment
- Unpretentious, resilient and confident approach with a high energy, great humour, positive 'can do' attitude
- A team player with the willingness to do what it takes to get things done, and the ability to think around obstacles
- Enjoys a challenge, and is passionate about raising standards and making a difference
- Prepared to travel across the UK to Reach office locations
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.