Distribution Site Leader
Distribution Site Leader
Circa GBP32,000 dependent on qualifications and experience, plus attractive benefits including private healthcare and contributory pension scheme
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future???
Calor's cylinder business is growing; it is a key part of our organisation and our future. Ensuring that we meet our strategic goal of improving availability of our products to our customers, we aim to drive a seamless supply chain across the network. Our focus is on improving safety, compliance and service.
To enable this, we are looking for proactive, safety and customer focused Distribution Site Leaders to lead, motivate and run the day-to-day management of their team.
You will execute delivery schedules for the distribution of cylinder gas supplies ensuring optimal effectiveness for driver and vehicle utilisation, ensure driver compliance with statutory and HSE requirements as well as ensuring compliance with all internal policies & procedures including cash, stock and cylinder reconciliation processes.
You will also drive continuous improvement and promote a right first time culture where safety is the priority.
In this role, you will;
- Manage all necessary checks and controls to maintain a safe and reliable fleet
- Be accountable day to day fulfilment of all primary distribution
- Understand and implement all relevant legislation and standards including liaising with internal specialists in addition to the regulatory authorities
- Maintain strict security of property and product
- Be an emergency call out key holder and attend call outs when required
- Be able to draw on and utilise a working knowledge of relevant legislation, safety and quality procedures and site operating instructions
- Ensure your location is maintained in line with company policies and external regulatory authorities
- Coordinate regular supply chain reviews across the territory maximising driver / vehicle and distribution efficiencies
- Ensure that the customer is fundamental to all decision-making
- Ensure all team members are trained and equipped to deliver excellent customer service in all areas
- Plan and ensure the training and development of team members onsite and carry out performance reviews in line with company procedure
- Lead and motivate all members of the team to meet the objectives and targets
- Recruit, induct, train and develop the right number and calibre of team members
- Facilitate and encourage the personal and professional development of your team
In order to be successful, you will;
- Be able to demonstrate proven people management / leadership skills and ideally have experience of coaching and developing others
- Demonstrate the ability to organise resources in line with customer needs and deliver company service levels through KPIs
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritise workload and that of teams
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate with and engage others in order to work together and drive high performance
- Possess a sound working knowledge of current transport regulations and directives
- Have strong experience at management or supervisory level in a service led environment
- Have the drive to challenge yourself and your team to make step changes in your knowledge, experience, skills and behaviour
- Have experience of controlling and managing an operational budget
- Have knowledge of current employment legislation
- Be IT literate - conversant with MS Office suite of programs
- Hold ADR certificate and ideally have experience of hazardous goods
- Hold a formal safety qualification (NEBOSH)
- Hold Management CPC
- Have sound knowledge of legislative compliance and requirements
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
'Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.'