Kitchen Assistant / Kitchen Porter / Preparation Chef
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £8 per hour / £8,538 pa for 20 hrs/week
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent (Afternoons from Monday to Friday, from 2 to 6)
Closing Date for applications: 4th July 2019
The Trust (a well-established charitable care provider in Olton, Solihull) currently has a vacancy for an experienced Kitchen Assistant to support the Chef Manager in the kitchens at Alexandra House, the Trust's residential care home.
As an organisation they put their residents' care and wellbeing at the heart of everything they do and they provide freshly cooked, nutritious meals each day, onsite for 57 residents.
- To assist the Chef Manager with the preparation and cooking of meals including; plating and finishing of food, preparing food trolleys, transporting meals, service of food, maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- The serving of meals ensuring correct portion control
- Cleaning of the kitchen and all equipment, washing up and deep cleaning
- Where necessary, preparation of dining areas/dining furniture
- Assist in the receipt, checking and storage of deliveries and stock rotation
- Previous experience working in a commercial kitchen is essential
- The Trust is looking for professional, self-motivated team players who are sensitive to the needs of older people
- As the posts involve working with vulnerable adults, and an enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates by the Trust
- The ability to work flexible hours on occasion is desirable
What they offer:
You will receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the Trust.
They continue to reward their staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including
- 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays, increasing with service
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note should sufficient applications be received they reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. They always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this role please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Restaurant Chef Assistant, Catering Assistant, Food Catering, Restaurant Chef Assistant, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook Assistant, Breakfast Chef, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Chef, Kitchen Assistant, Food Hygiene, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook Assistant, Food Hygiene, Food Health and Safety Assistant will also be considered for this role.