Entry Level Account Executive
We have an opening within our Solutions division for an Account Executive to join our Activations team here in our head office, One Canada Square in the heart of Canary Wharf. For this role we are keen to speak with highly efficient and career driven graduates or current media sales executives who are looking to start their career in advertising media sales. You will be a strong communicator, commercial thinker and someone who has the ability to build relationships with key agency clients.
As an Account Executive, each day will never be the same. You will work directly with your Digital Account Manager and Group Head in identifying and securing potential advertising opportunities across all aspects of the Reach Digital portfolio.
For the right candidate, this position will offer an opportunity to learn our trade from the ground up and represent our a number of our well-known editorial titles. We work exceptionally hard to continually surpass previous targets and achievements, and this is all done through collaborating as a team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to kick start their career working for the UKs largest newspaper group and advertising sales.
Who are we? We are Reach...
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazine and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Reach Solutions is the team that brings together Reach's editorial output with media agencies and clients, to collaboratively create strong connections between our valuable audience, content and advertiser brands. Our role is to connect our advertising customers with 'Modal Britain', the mass majority audience that we best represent, entertain and inform, and on whose behalf we campaign.
To drive revenues across all areas of the business that you are responsible for
Deliver sales messages effectively to Advertisers and Agencies
- Partner with other Account Executives across sales hubs to ensure consistency of approach and building of team spirit
- Develop and retain revenue influencing relationships with customers, both existing and new
To collaborate with and support all areas of our business to drive revenues and profitability
Recommend and implement best practice in running of Advertiser and Agency portfolio
Maximise accuracy and minimise administrative errors within day to day running of Agency portfolio.
Ensure a good reputation and profile of Reach Solutions within the UK media marketplace
Implement quarterly Business Plans for Advertisers and Agencies within portfolio, which have been designed alongside Group Head and Group Account Director
The Ideal Candidate
- High impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes
- Highly numerate and a clear commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately
- Collaboration is key within this role so you will be a strong communicator and team player.
- Ability to build relationships across agency planning/buying teams over the phone
- A strong communicator with good writing and conversation skills
- Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace
- An advocate of our culture, personifying Reach Solutions principles and behaviours including Collaboration, Imagination, Determination, Excellence & Professionalism
- A strong interest in advertising and media gained through either higher education studies or internships would be preferable but not essential
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures, access to a free onsite gym and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme and lots of high street discounts.
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at