Job title: Consultant
Organisation: Ergon Associates Ltd
Duration: Permanent only
Closing date: 3 July 2019
Ergon promotes respect for labour standards and human rights through our work with development finance institutions, major international companies, inter-governmental agencies and multi-stakeholder platforms. We deliver innovative client-focused consulting and research projects that improve the lives of workers and communities.
Ergon are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Consultant to join our growing team. Projects you could expect to work on include advising development finance institutions and companies on human rights due diligence, analysing international policy and legal developments on labour rights issues, advising on practical industrial relations situations at client sites, or drafting guidance notes and good practice case studies. Occasional international travel is necessary.
The available post is located in our London head office. We offer a friendly working environment, the opportunity to progress through the development of practical transferable skills and experience, and good terms and conditions including competitive salary (£36,900), 25 days holiday plus public holidays, discretionary bonus and contributory pension scheme.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- leading and delivering consultancy projects, including client liaison, in consultation with senior staff
- managing projects in terms of milestones, outputs and budgets;
- undertaking desk research and analysis, and field research and engagement with a variety of actors as necessary as part of projects;
- undertaking client-facing activities (meetings, presentations, conferences);
- support for Ergon’s business development and communication activities, including drafting proposals, blogs and other documents; and
- other activities as identified by Ergon directors.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The post-holder will have:
- professional legal qualification with a focus on employment law;
- strong academic record with post-graduate qualification in law or human rights;
- detailed knowledge and practical experience of advising development finance institutions and private sector companies on human rights due diligence, labour and social issues;
- detailed knowledge of international instruments and conventions relevant to our field;
- significant experience within an advisory or consulting environment;
- experience of working on projects in Africa and Asia;
- ability to work in a team structure, including supporting team members;
- outstanding written and oral English communications skills, including the ability to draft clear, accurate, concise summaries as well as lengthier research papers;
- experience in designing and delivering client training workshops, particularly for DFIs;
- ability to work creatively and flexibly, including producing innovative outputs;
- commitment to customer service relevant for a client-focused consultancy business;
- exceptional conceptual and analytical research skills, including the ability to identify relevant sources, analyse large amounts of complex information quickly, accurately and concisely;
- high level of organisational and administrative skills, including multi-tasking and ability to work independently, in a small team, and to strict deadlines;
- willingness to travel regularly; and
- working ability in a relevant second language is an advantage (e.g. Spanish, French or Arabic).
Applicants should provide both a covering letter setting out why you are suitable for this post and a CV in the same PDF file. Please send to Eva Mian: email@example.com.
Date posted: 5 June 2019
Closing date: 3 July 2019