We're recruiting bus drivers – can you help us make a difference?
Bus services in North Manchester are being transformed. Go North West has arrived and is determined to make a real difference!
Go North West's depot in Queens Road has been serving the people of Manchester and the surrounding areas for well over 100 years. We are looking for new drivers to join our existing team.
It takes a special person to be able to be able to drive a bus in today's challenging environment; you must be able to provide excellent customer service and drive safely, often in challenging traffic conditions.
Don't worry if you haven't driven a bus before as full training will be given. For the right person we offer:
- Immediate starts for existing PCV holders
- Paid professional training to gain a PCV for car licence holders
- Average starting rates over £10 per hour Increasing to £12.10 per hour after 2 years (more at weekends)
- 20 days paid holiday, increasing to 25 days after
- 2 years (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Career opportunities associated with working for one of the UK's leading transport companies
- Go-Ahead company pension scheme
- Free smart uniform
- Free travel on most Greater Manchester buses for yourself and a nominee
Our drivers come from all walks of life – whether you have worked in retail, care workers, call centres, other forms of transport or even the military we’ll give you the training you need to be an ambassador on the road.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Being the face of Go North West – smart, welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable
- Welcoming customers onto the bus, selling tickets, checking passes and advising customers of our services
- Ensuring a safe and comfortable journey by following both company standards and driving to the highest standard
- Handling cash including giving change and taking credit and debit card payments
- Looking after some of the most vulnerable people in our community from school children to our elderly customers to customers who need just that little bit extra care and support when travelling
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Calm under pressure
- Flexible, reliable and responsible
Don’t miss the bus!
Click apply below for further information!