Procurement Officer (3 posts) - Council
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £29,343 - £33,464 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Monday 24th June 2019
The Council's Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. They are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Their vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate at a strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
Working as an integral part of a team of experienced procurement and contract management specialists you will provide effective and efficient specialist procurement advice, project management and lead on the delivery of compliant complex procurement processes, in partnership with a range of key stakeholders, to ensure successful delivery of procurement activities in relation to designated service areas/or categories
You will provide sound advice and innovative procurement solutions that reduce waste, maximise efficiency, achieve best value in procurement and enable delivery of savings efficiency across the whole Council.
- Significant experience of independently leading and delivering complex major procurement projects, in partnership with key stakeholders, in accordance with European Union (EU) Legislation and Public Contract Regulations
- Knowledge of European Union (EU) and Public Contract Regulations, procurement best practice, social value, localism, sustainability in procurement and contracts, governance and risk management of projects
- Experience of successfully negotiating on major procurement projects and contracts
- Experience of producing and delivering procurement work plans and projects, on time, in a complex and challenging environment
- An understanding of project management tools and techniques
- A degree or equivalent and CIPS Level 4 Diploma (Industry Specific Qualification)
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 27 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for their staff and customers - they aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Assistant Procurement Officer, Procurement Officer Assistant Buyer, Buying Assistant, Junior Buyer, Purchasing and Stock Coordinator, Stock Controller, Stock Coordinator, Stock Purchaser, Quality Assurance, Commercial Buyer, Commercial Purchaser, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Agent, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Operations, Buyer and Assistant Procurement may also be considered for this role.