Property Services Officer - Fire Risk Assessment (Social Housing) SYHA83156
Our client is a successful not for profit organisation with a strong commitment to the Sheffield City Region. Recently named in the Sunday Times 100 Best Not For Profit organisations to work for in the UK, they are a forward thinking, innovative organisation.
They are looking for a new member of their Property Services Team. You will be inspecting their domestic and non-domestic housing with experience and knowledge of Fire Risk Assessments Compliance and identifying corrective and preventative measures.
You will be asked to demonstrate a technical knowledge of construction linked to fire prevention and the repair and renewal of fire penetrative building components.
They are looking for a customer focused person to join the team who will have a knowledge of landlords’ Statutory requirements and will have the ability to carry out property and site inspections for any maintenance function.
Their ideal candidate will:
- Inspect tenanted General Needs and LiveWell property’s
- Working closely with the Health and Safety Team, General Needs and LiveWell Managers you will assist in forward planning of Fire Risk Assessment improvement works and budgets.
- You must have the ability to carry out Fire Risk Assessments works in accordance of statutory requirements.
- You will be asked to assist in the development of future planned works, visiting properties to carry out stock condition surveys, developing and monitoring budgets.
- You must have the ability to manage and monitor performance of external contractors.
- Applicants should have a strong understanding and technical knowledge of construction, ideally in the housing sector.
- Able to draw up detailed specifications of work
Working Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Closing date: 30 June 2019 (Midnight)
Interviews: 8 July 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.