Are you a Microsoft and LAN System Engineer, wanting to join a friendly team?
As part of the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) in-house ICT Systems and Support team, you’ll be involved in a wide range of tasks ranging from 1st line user support through to 3rd line systems support.
NFER’s mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. We do this by creating and sharing robust research and insights on education policy and practice, informing policymakers and other key decision makers, and strengthening practice in the classroom. As the UK’s leading independent provider of education research, we are a not-for-profit organisation, with an income of £20 million and 250 staff. Our expertise, long history, vast experience and pioneering methods have established our reputation as an authoritative, trusted and respected voice in education.
Your key job responsibilities will be;
- Maintaining physical and virtual servers, ensuring appropriate patching and other fixes are applied according to patching policy and schedule
- Ensuring high levels of system availability and that the systems are secure
- Monitoring server health and recommending any necessary actions to the senior systems engineer
- Participating in the design, implementation and documentation of both server and network architecture
- Implementing and supporting agreed solutions ensuring that documentation is relevant and up to date
- Supporting the ICT Helpdesk team and providing problem resolution for staff as required
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the role including covering for other team members
Your technical background:
- Implementing network infrastructure and servers
- Knowledge of LAN infrastructures (Ethernet, wireless, switches)
- Microsoft servers (2008, 2012, Active Directory, Group policies, Exchange)
- Implementing and supporting server and desktop virtualisation
You’ll love this job, if you:
- Can develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Are self-motivated and proactive, able to work autonomously
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
If you have knowledge of IT infrastructure design and implementation; have been part of a frontline IT helpdesk team; have knowledge of Dynamics CRM 2013; or knowledge of SharePoint from 2007 upwards, you will be a highly prized applicant.
Other organisations may call this role Systems Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Server Engineer, ICT Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Network Engineer.
- Competitive salary £35,798 – £40,291
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Systems Engineer, apply via the button shown.
Applications to be submitted by midnight 23rd June
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.