Competitive + Benefits
Where in the world of OVO will I be working and what will I be doing?
As a Data Analyst at OVO Energy you’ll play a key role in achieving our vision of creating clean, affordable energy for everyone.
The energy industry has changed a lot in recent years, and we don’t expect that to stop any time soon. OVO Energy is changing too - we’re more than just an energy supplier, we’re leading the way in showing our customers the energy world of tomorrow. By creating innovative technology we’re helping customers manage their energy better, decrease their bills and drive their electric vehicles further - all whilst improving our planet for generations to come.
Data is the foundation of everything we do at OVO, and to deliver our vision we need curious, tenacious people who can turn this data, and their knowledge, into strategy and actions.
We have various Data Analyst opportunities across the business; these teams include Finance, Commercial, Operations, Regulation & Compliance and Customer Services.
Depending on what team you’re in, you will:
- Develop and implement user friendly reports which support performance analysis & decision making
- Commercial modelling, creating cost/benefit analysis of proposed actions and outcomes based on a consistent value model
- Design and deliver robust automated processes which ingest third party data for commercial or operational use
- Use your data skills to make data available to stakeholders who need it, and use these tasks as an opportunity to proactively identify use cases for self serve data access
- Devise processes and systems which allow for better self serve data access for stakeholders, leading to higher data management maturity and more opportunities for automation and innovation
- Work with data scientists embedded within your team or function to create value-add processes which improve operational efficiency and quality, and / or features which delight our customers
- Promote ethical best practise in the way all data is used and processed, always ensuring compliance and security is placed first
Our statement on diversity
Diverse teams are the best teams, and we value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. Research shows us that some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. And we know 'normal' office hours don't work for everyone, so we're very open to discussing flexible working requests. If you're excited about working with us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
We want to build teams which represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we hire on the basis of merit and potential. So get in touch, ask lots of questions. And good luck!
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
Essential skills and experience...
- 1+ years in a similar data or analytical role
- You will be experienced in core analysis technologies, with excellent SQL & Excel/Sheets skills
- Can confidently build and present meaningful data visualisations, in Excel/Sheets and ideally a dashboarding platform such as Tableau
- Can interpret graphical representations of data and make recommendations
- Statistical knowledge including sampling, significance, hypothesis testing and basic probability theory
- Highly numerate & analytical, able to delve into the detail but understand the strategic view
- Able to document and version control your work so others can pick it up and build on it
- Proven ability to engage productively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment where prioritisation is required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - able to articulate results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders
Ideally you will have…
- Education to degree level in a numeric, scientific or engineering discipline
- Experience in cloud data services, Google Cloud Platform (especially BigQuery), AWS, etc
- Experience programming for analytics such as in Python or R
- An understanding of basic programming principles such as names, types, lists, arrays, control flow, exceptions
We’re in the business of building a different kind of Energy Company, one where not only our customers benefit from better service and opportunity but our people do too. OVO was set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo. We believe in simplicity, transparency and treating people and the planet fairly. But we also believe that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so that’s why our people will always get a chance to share in our success.
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
From us you’ll get ...
- A well defined analyst development framework to guide your career progression
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a performance based bonus every 6 months
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days' holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
To apply for the role of Data Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Data Analyst, Data Insight Analyst, Business Analyst, Insight Analyst, Analyst, Analysis, Business Intelligence Analyst, BI Analyst.