Payroll & Accounts Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
PAYROLL & ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
To be responsible for processing client payrolls and assisting in the preparation of financial statements, as well as general administrative duties.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
We have an ideal entry level opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in Accountancy & Payroll, with the intention of possibly working towards an AAT qualification in the short term. Based in Denbigh, North Wales, we have a vacancy for a Payroll & Accounts Assistant to work between 28 and 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will report to the payroll manager and will be responsible for processing weekly and monthly payrolls for our clients, including the processing of workplace pensions. You will also assist in the preparation and compilation of incorporated and unincorporated financial statements, management accounts and VAT returns, to include spreadsheet analysis work and the use of accounting packages such as Sage, Quickbooks and Xero, as required.
The role also involves general administration and reception duties including answering the phone, opening and distributing/filing the post, prepare letters and enclosures to be sent to clients.
You will work as part of a small team and must be able to work well in a deadline driven time-pressured situation. All training will be provided by the employer.
- Educated to GCSE level. Must have GCSE Mathematics, English & Welsh at Grade C level or above.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel & Word.
- Well-organised, works well in a small team, problem -solving approach, good timekeeping, works well in a deadline driven time-pressured situation
- Effective communicator, on phone, in writing and in person
- The ability to communicate in Welsh
- Experience of dealing with customers/clients
- Proactive, prepared to work towards an accounting qualification such as AAT
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your CV!
Apply for Payroll & Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly