Seasonal Car Park Attendants / Parking Attendants
Job Title: Seasonal Car Park Attendants
- Over 21 - £9 per hour
- 18 to 20 - £6 per hour
Job Type: Full time, Seasonal (Until September)
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th June 2019
The Estate extends over 25,000 acres and has an annual turnover of £19m. The land and property based enterprise include residential lettings, commercial lettings, property maintenance and development, farming, forestry, country sports, a hotel, a holiday park, beach and car parks.
The Estate policy is to manage the estate as a progressive commercial operation set within a thriving local community where rural values are upheld. The aim is to ensure the long-term prosperity of the estate and of those who live and work on it.
They are looking for customer focused friendly individuals to work across their car parks, providing a point of contact for the general public and ensuring that a high standard of customer service is maintained at all times. The role involves helping to ensure that their car parks are kept tidy and clear of rubbish and that the pay and display machines are in good working order. You will be handling cash and issuing penalty charge notices as appropriate.
Overall Job Purpose:
The estate's operations leisure businesses now account for over two thirds of the estate's revenue. The role of the Car Park Attendant is to support the Enterprises team with administration and operation of the car parking areas of the estate at to ensure the consistent promotion of the estate when communicating with customers, visitors and other businesses and departments.
The following is intended to provide guidance as to duties but it is not exhaustive. You will from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specific duties will include:
- Provide operational support to the Car Park Supervisor
- To perform daily checks as required to pay and display machines. To undertake basic maintenance and carry out minor repairs on site such as ticket replenishment, clearing coin jams etc. Reporting of all serious faults to the Car Park Supervisor or in his absence the Visitor Operations Manager
- To perform daily opening and closing procedure for the entrance and exit gates to each car park as required
- Daily collection and transport of cash
- Issuing Penalty Charge Notices as appropriate
- Provide a point of contact for the general public and ensure that a high standard of customer service is maintained at all times
- Help to resolve any difficulties and disputes which may arise in a calm and efficient manner
- Advising the public of the car parking regulations pertaining to the estate
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of the estate and assist in increasing awareness of products and services offered by the company
- To act as liaison with emergency services as required
- Maintain effective communication with all members of the Car Park team
- Keep Car Parks tidy and clear of rubbish at all times. You will also be required to conduct regular checks of the levels of cleanliness in the lavatories
- To adhere to the Company's Health and Safety policy at all times
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the Car Park team and the company as a whole
- Initiative, energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Good leadership and organisational skills
- Good presentation skills
- High standards of personal presentation
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Car Park Attendant, Car Park Officer, Facilities Co-ordinator, Barrier-controlled Car Park Operator, Parking Operations Co-ordinator, Garage Attendant, Enforcement Officer - Parking, Valet Car Park Attendant and Car Park Customer Service may also be considered for this role.