1 x 30 hours per week - £18,893 per annum (pro rata)
1 x 24 hours per week - £15,112 per annum (pro rata)
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated Finance Officers to join Vista’s Finance Team based in the city centre. You will need to have excellent financial & IT skills, demonstrate clear and concise practical experience and be proficient in the use of accounting software packages, Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint. This role is a great opportunity to join the team as we look to further strengthen and grow the finances of the Charity.
Who we are looking for:
As Finance Officer you will look to assist the Finance Manager in the development of overall effectiveness of the Finance Team by building relationships with our managers and stakeholders to provide timely & accurate financial information and ensuring the team works in accordance with Vista’s strategy and in keeping with Vista’s Core Principles.
Reporting to the Finance Manager your primary objectives will be:
▪ Assist the Finance Manager in maintaining Vista’s accounting records and the production of monthly management accounts, year end financial accounts, budgets and forecasts.
▪ To contribute to the development, design and implementation of internal financial systems, processes and procedures.
▪ To develop and maintain business partnering arrangements with managers.
▪ Educated to ‘A’ level standard you will possess or be working to completing your AAT financial qualification.
▪ Substantial experience in management accounts, budgets and year end processes.
▪ Substantial experience in dealing with fixed assets, depreciation, prepayments, accruals and control account reconciliations.
▪ Experience in liaising with external stakeholders e.g. auditors and bank.
▪ Excellent working experience & knowledge of accounting software systems.
▪ Payroll experience would be desirable but not essential.
▪ Highly numerate with attention to detail.
▪ A ‘can-do’ and creative approach to problem solving.
We offer excellent health benefits, a defined contribution pension scheme and access to an employee assistance programme.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
For further information and to apply for either post, please click apply below
Closing date: Wednesday, 19th June 2019 – 12 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 24th June 2019
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.