£21,000 - £30,000 DOE
Are you a developer who knows WordPress like the back of your hand? Want to challenge yourself and take your next step with a growing agency? If so, read on.
Bigwave media is a fun and growing creative agency with offices in Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay. Driven by our commitment to excellence, we provide a complete range of marketing, design and digital services.
We’re now looking for a WordPress Developer to join our team in Exeter.
As a WordPress Developer, you’ll have a deep understanding of how to get the most out of this versatile CMS and will be able to work with our team to develop a range of WordPress websites for a broad customer base.
Specifically, your role will include:
- Theme development
- Plugin development and extensions
- Working with ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Extending, managing, improving and debugging legacy code
- Collaborating with the Account Management, Search and Creative Teams to deliver excellence
To be considered for this role, you will need strong PHP development skills and a deep understanding of WordPress CMS.
Experience of the following is also essential:
- Custom Post Types
- Building HTML and/or CSS across the major browsers
- MySQL, including the use of efficient SQL commands
- Modern source control (such as Git or BitBucket)
Experience of working with Page Builders such as Gutenberg and Bakery would be beneficial.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a WordPress Developer, PHP Developer, WordPress Web Developer, Applications Developer, Web Applications Developer, Web Developer, Web Programmer, Front End Developer or Front End Programmer.
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Full Christmas period close-down
- Flexi-time policy
- Great training and development opportunities
- A fast-paced and open office environment
- An excellent office location in the city centre
- Regular staff socials and treats
This is a great opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career with a business that’s passionate about great web development.
To apply for the role of WordPress Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.