Arts Engagement Assistant
Arts Engagement Assistant
Edgeware Road, London
Are you a creatively driven individual with participatory arts experience? Want to make a positive difference to patients and staff across London’s hospitals as an Arts Engagement Assistant? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We're Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
Supporting the arts in healthcare, we manage an Arts Council accredited hospital art collection and run an arts engagement programme for patients and NHS staff. From elderly care wards to paediatrics, this programme provides artistic opportunities for patients across our hospitals.
We’re now looking for an Arts Engagement Assistant to join our passionate team and support the delivery of this growing programme.
- Salary of £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
- Free gym membership and access to yoga classes
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with employer contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
This is a brilliant opportunity to utilise your passion for your chosen artform to help patients through what may be a difficult time in their lives.
Rather than being secluded to an office, your role will see you on wards, delivering workshops, outside helping patients to maintain gardens or organising special visits from farm animals. No two days will ever be the same, so you can rest assured you’ll remain engaged and challenged while helping to make a difference.
We believe creativity is key to our health and wellbeing. If you have the drive to aid patients’ recovery while giving them a creative respite, this is the role for you.
As the Arts Engagement Assistant, you’ll support the day-to-day running of our arts engagement programme and deliver workshops to patients in your specialist artform.
Supporting our Arts Engagement Manager, you’ll co-ordinate facilitators’ schedules and deliver, attend and monitor workshops.
You’ll also have the chance to get involved with our larger projects, including our artist in residence programme, the intergenerational project, the Trail, the Staff Arts Club and the Charing Cross Anniversary Garden.
Some of your duties will include:
- Communicating with wards to ensure staff are prepared for workshops
- Researching medical groups where an artist residency would support existing treatments and therapies
- Liaising with artists
- Monitoring the impact of our work
To join us as an Arts Engagement Assistant, you’ll need:
- Previous participatory arts experience in your chosen field (this may be gained through voluntary and intern positions)
- Experience of delivering arts workshops in a community setting
- Previous experience of supporting larger arts projects, such as art, music or dance events or displays
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field, such as fine art, theatre studies, art history or music
We are also eager to hear those from a wider arts background including music, theatre, dance, visual or other art forms.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Programme Co-ordinator, Programme Assistant, Workshop Co-ordinator, Creative Workshop Assistant, Workshop Assistant, Musician, or Artist.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends, including a minimum of one Saturday per month. On these occasions, time off in lieu will be given.
The closing date for this role is the 30th June 2019.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as an Arts Engagement Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week