Chipping Campden, The Cotswolds (office/field based, with regular travel)
Robert Welch Designs is known for exceptional design, quality and functionality. The family-run company is an international brand with an extensive range of award-winning kitchen knives and utensils, cutlery and other tableware.
Run by the second generation of the Welch family, we hold two Queens awards for our outstanding products and have been operating out of the Old Silk Mill in Chipping Campden since 1955.
We are now seeking a Commercial Director to lead business operations and ensure we secure new business and drive our organisation forward.
- Excellent salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Company performance-based bonus
- Car allowance
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- 24 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company discounts
This role represents the perfect opportunity for an experienced, high calibre sales professional to advance their career with our market-leading, royally appointed company.
This is more than a senior sales position; in this role you will be involved with creating larger opportunities that will take our business to the next level. You will be selling our unique heritage, our brand and our culture, as well as our beautifully designed and crafted products.
Able to become passionate about our business, you will buy-in to our warm, friendly culture, play an active part in our regular social and charitable events and thrive in our family atmosphere.
As the Commercial Director, you will be tasked with leading commercial strategies that will support and accelerate company growth.
Utilising your entrepreneurial mindset, you will plan, develop and implement strategies that are based on active targets and objectives. You’ll lead research efforts to identify threats and opportunities, implement new customer acquisition strategies and build and maintain strong relationships with key customers.
Working closely with the Senior Management Team and the Sales Team, you will:
- Identify new business opportunities and markets
- Conduct market analysis
- Create accurate forecasts for sales and the marketplace
- Seek out major clients and forge relationships with key figures
- Collaborate, co-ordinate and train diverse teams across the business
- Represent the commercial function at all relevant meetings
- Act as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows and exhibitions
To be considered as the Commercial Director, you will need:
- Previous senior level business development experience gained within homewares
- Senior sales management experience, such as sales manager, head of sales or sales director
- Experience of client relationship management
- A full driving licence and the willingness to travel
- Passion, gravitas and exceptional communication skills
- A trustworthy nature and the ability to forge key internal relationships
- A down-to-earth, friendly and realistic approach
- Excellent listening skills
Experience gained at director level would be beneficial to your application.
Robert Welch Designs are an equal opportunities employer.
So, if you are ready for your next move as a Commercial Director, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.