Location: Visram House. Acton Lane. London NW10 7NS
Salary: £12,176 pro rated. FTE £24,353 pa
Closing Date: Thursday 13 June 2019
Permanent role: 17.5 hours per week over 5 days, Mon – Fri
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property – it’s about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
If you are looking for a position that can give a great deal of satisfaction then we are seeking to appoint a responsible and committed person to provide a handyperson service for our tenants at Visram House, Acton Lane. London.
You will be responsible for a high standard of cleanliness on the site and you will work closely with our Housing Services Team to ensure that minor repairs are dealt with promptly.
Ideally, you will have:
- Personal pride in delivering quality work ensuring our customers receive a value for money service
- Experience in a relevant trade such as plumbing and carpentry would be useful but not essential.
- Access to a car would be desirable (for which a mileage allowance will be payable)
- A sound knowledge of Health and Safety
- Excellent communication skills.
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependent on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to peoples lives every day.
Working for PA is incredibly rewarding. Everyone in our team makes a difference to people in the diverse and vibrant communities we serve.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop your career through internal and external training, professional qualifications, career coaching etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health
- Childcare vouchers
- Perkbox - High street discounts
- Long Service Awards
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
If you require any of the attachments in a different format or you require support with the application process please do not hesitate to contact us via the email address below.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 13th June 2019
Interview date: Thursday 20th June 2019