MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician
Take the next step in your career We have a vacancy within our department. Look to apply now and become a valued member of the Environmental Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Job Title: MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician
Salary: £22,021 to £25,295
Hours: 37 hours per week
This is an opportunity to work within a team to deliver an excellent, efficient and professional service within our new MOT facility and vehicle workshop.
The role involves maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing the in-house fleet along with those of our external customers.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Attention to detail, proactive, with a commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- A full driving licence MOT tester qualification – classes 4,5 & 7
- Relevant technical qualifications or experience
- Resourceful and flexible in your approach to work
- Commercially aware with an active interest in fleet management
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities.
We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities.
You will be based primarily from the Lufton Depot in Yeovil where we operate agile working practices.
Closing Date: 17th June 2019,
10am Interview Date:
TBA Job Reference: 1762
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and supporting statement by clicking apply