Bedruthan is a multi-award winning hotel and spa set into a cliff above Mawgan Porth Beach on the North Cornwall coast.
Our hotel has been cherished and nurtured by two generations of the same family for over 50 years to give our guests memorable holidays in this uniquely beautiful place.
Bedruthan is set in a natural playground with the beach just below us and some amazing facilities at the hotel itself. You can stroll along the foreshore, get a surf lesson or two and walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps – one of the north coast’s most dramatic beauty spots.
As our Reservations Specialist, you’ll be the first point of contact for guests as they plan and book their holiday, helping them decide when to stay and find their perfect room. As the voice of the Bedruthan brand you’ll easily build rapport and make guests feel welcome from the minute they interact with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handling telephone and email enquiries and processing bookings
- Maximising revenue and meeting sales targets
- Maintaining accuracy of the hotel bookings system
- Capture and management of guest data
- Effective communication with other hotel departments
Our perfect reservationist will have:
- Previous experience in customer facing roles (ideally in hotel reservations).
- Have a great, confident and articulate telephone manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
You’ll be working with our hotel booking system so will need to be highly computer literate and any experience with Hotel Perfect would put your CV on the top of the pile.
We’re looking for an organised self-starter who knows how to plan and prioritise in a busy, buzzing environment.
Our Reservations Team operate from 8am to 9pm every day.
- £8.50-£8.75 per hour includes probationary rate
- Permanent contract
- 40 hours per week
- Shifts will be day, evening and weekends
- 28 days holiday per year (29 after 1 year)
- Share of hotel tips
- Free use of tennis court and swimming pool
- Access to gym
- Discounts on hotels services and products
- Special stay rates for friends and family
- 50% discount on restaurant food during shift
- A free experience of our restaurant and rooms
- Cashback plan for health and wellbeing
- Many more perks!
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV and let us know your answers to these questions in your covering letter or use the text box 'message to hiring manager':
- What attracted you to apply for this role at Bedruthan?
- Describe 3 most positive attributes that you will bring to this role
- Provide an example of when you received great customer service. What made it so special?
You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Monday 24 June 2019
Start Date: Available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.