Marketing and Communications Executive x 2
Whitgift School is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools for boys between 10-18. We are seeking two experienced Marketing Executives to help drive forward our strategic and tactical plans. Alongside broad experience in all aspects of the marketing mix, you will have developed a specialism for digital/website development and social media and/or marketing campaign planning and communications.
The overall purpose for each of the roles will be:
- To produce high-quality targeted online and offline content and materials in support of day to day and campaign activity, promoting the Whitgift School brand to relevant audiences.
- To drive Whitgift School’s communications strategy through websites, social media, e-marketing and any other relevant platforms or applications, both externally and internally.
- To continuously improve quality, value and creativity of marketing and communications activity for internal and external stakeholders, sharing and collaborating with colleagues.
A summary of the main areas of responsibility are shown below (please also see document attached):
Digital strategy and website
- Manage and generate content for the Whitgift School website, ensuring it is regularly refreshed, accurate, relevant and meets brand guidelines and aims of the School.
- Manage the successful delivery of website and microsite-development projects (underway), coordinating with internal and external contacts.
- Design and drive the overall digital and social media strategies (Twitter, Facebook etc.) for Whitgift School in line with School aims.
- Share responsibility for day to day duties of monitoring feeds, actively sourcing and posting engaging and varied content and running relevant campaigns through paid digital advertising.
Communications and publications
- Be responsible for creation of and content for all school publication, magazines and event programmes, including Whitgift Life and drive the concept and production of any new printed or online materials.
- To produce and thoughtfully edit various communication material (blogs, letters etc) to ensure brand consistency and messaging is in line with School aims.
- Design and deliver the advertising strategy and supporting adverts (print and online) working with the Marketing Communications Co-ordinator and Graphic Designer.
- Manage media enquiries and production of press releases
- Proofreading and editing of material produced by other members of the team.
Photography and signage/displays
- Working with the team to ensure that as much as possible of school life (across Academic, Performing Arts, Sports and Co-Curricular) is photographically documented, anticipating future image requirements, including ad-hoc photography requests.
- Organising the photo library folders to ensure all items are correctly labelled and filed, shortlisting the best images for future use.
- Take oversight of all physical signage and displays, in particular matters concerning hallways and internal/external signs.
- Working closely with other departments/key individuals, project manage the design, development and delivery of events such as School Open Mornings, Open Evenings, Open Afternoons and Prep School exhibitions. Ensure the brand is represented appropriately and supporting marketing materials are delivered to plan.
- Coordinate and effectively manage activity with internal/external suppliers, ensuring plans are agreed and signed off by all parties and are clearly communicated or consulted as required.
- Work with internal teaching staff and departments to offer marketing support and guidance for School events such as major anniversaries, performances, plays, concerts, speaking events, memorials, festivals etc
- Liaising with a wide range of printers, graphic companies and photographers to get the best quality service at a competitive price.
- Developing excellent working relationships with team members and other departments, including Admissions, Alumni and Development teams, Outreach Director, Summer School, School Office, Catering/Facilities as well as the Whitgift Foundation staff.
- Support and train colleagues on aspects such as website/CMS and social media usage including best practice and evaluation of success/reach
- Ensure that all activity is budgeted for and signed off by the relevant budget holder as well as logging and recording activity as per department processes.
- Other ad-hoc duties and special projects as assigned by the Head of Marketing or Headmaster, in support of the Marketing Team with other requirements that arise throughout the year.
How to apply
From the advertisement on school's website, select the green 'apply' button on the top right for the online application form. We welcome applications from all sectors of our community as we aspire to attract staff that match the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.