6 days left
- Full Time
Are you a Gardener or Groundsperson looking for a change of scenery? Want to assist in maintaining an outstanding learning environment for our pupils? If so, read on.
Exeter School is an independent educational organisation for pupils aged 7 – 18. Our strong links to the local community, well-established pastoral care systems and fantastic teaching enable us to challenge, inspire and deliver the very best learning to our students.
We are now seeking a Gardener to join us on a full time basis and maintain our beautiful 25 acre grounds.
- Salary of £22,500 per annum
- Free lunches during term time
- Free onsite parking
- Use of facilities such as the gym and indoor swimming pool
- Fee benefits if you have children who attend the school
As a Gardener, you will work individually and as part of the operations team to maintain our grounds to the highest standard.
Reporting to the Head Groundsman, your duties will also involve:
- Maintaining and cultivating lawns
- Operating grounds tractors, light machinery and plant
- Using cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers
- Helping to prepare sports facilities when required
- Occasionally providing evening and weekend cover for functions
To be considered as a Gardener, you will need:
- Previous experience of working as a gardener or a groundsperson
- Experience of operating small machinery
Please note, this is a physically demanding role.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to complete the application form provided. CVs will not be accepted.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Gardener, Grounds Person, Groundsperson, Groundsman, Groundswoman, Gardening Assistant, Horticultural Assistant, Grounds Operative, Caretaker or Grounds Maintenance Operative
Webrecruit and Exeter School are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Gardener, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.