Service Charge Lead THTS83026
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent Housing Association (HA) providing around 9,000 quality, affordable, homes within the Trafford area of Manchester. We are a “profit-for-purpose” organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice. As well as being a landlord we also do a few other things such as: build properties under our subsidiary business call Laurus Homes, we run community centres, sheltered schemes and even have a social enterprise business called Cleanstart.
People are at the very heart of what we do and delivering excellent service is important to us. We believe that by having meaningful engagement, listening to our customers and understanding what really matters to them, will help us continually improve and develop the services we deliver and the homes we provide and maintain.
Joining us as a Service Charge Lead, you will take the lead on an across the board review of our service charge function and support the development of robust procedures for the accurate and consistent setting and collection of service charges.
- Carry out a review of all current service charges to ensure compliance, accuracy and that the organisation is collecting all applicable service charge costs.
- Use your knowledge of legislation and best practice to set up systems and procedures to ensure the accurate setting and collection of service charges across the group.
- Work with our Procurement Team to ensure appropriate consultations are taking place when entering into long term contracts which are re-chargeable through service charges and are value for money.
- Work with the Cleanstart and caretaking service to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and accurately apportioned across our estates.
- Work with the development and land buying team to assess new schemes and to draw up service charges and to advise on how service charges can be minimised or eliminated.
- Work with the Independent Living Team to review charges related to Supported Housing.
You will have experience of:
- Setting and managing service charge budgets and accounts
- Knowledge of the Section 20 Consultation process
- Have worked in a customer focused business
- Knowledge of the Right to Buy/ Right to Acquire process
- Have worked in a customer focussed environment
- Experience of Independent Living schemes
- Experience of working with development teams to advice on service charges and design of buildings to reduce or eradicate service charges
Closing Date: 14th June 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.