Community and Legacy Assistant (Fundraising, Events Administration, ILM) BLUC83023
About the role
Our client is looking for a Community and Legacy Assistant. You will be part of a small Community and Legacy Team, which is part of an ambitious Fundraising Team.
Community and legacy fundraising has seen significant growth over the last few years and raises around £3m a year.
The Community and Legacy Assistant will:
- Support the Senior Legacy Officer by processing some legacy notifications, with appropriate support and ongoing training and mentoring.
- Help run regional supporter events (specific tasks will vary from event to event, but typically you will be organising transport, hotels, event venues, catering, drafting invitation letters and programmes, and producing event materials including name badges).
- Help promote DIY fundraising, and manage relationships with DIY fundraisers for the duration of their challenge/event.
- Thank all community donations (groups, churches, challenge eventers, In Memory, etc) over £100, and liaise with Supporter Care to ensure those giving under £100 are thanked with the right letters, and logged on Raisers’ Edge in the right way.
- Take personal responsibility for C&L web pages and FB sites – regularly review, monitor traffic, advise on trends from other charities, maintain, design, and refine our team’s online presence.
- Manage relationships with our 50 Volunteer Speakers, and be responsible for the Volunteer Speakers Network’s ongoing activities, including recruiting new speakers, ensuring they receive appropriate guidance and support, overseeing their presentation schedules, and publicising the availability of speakers for groups.
You will be qualified at least to A level or equivalent, have direct experience of managing relationships with customers or supporters, and be a good organiser with proven ability to plan, prioritise, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think our client is a great place to work.
Their open plan offices are located in the centre of Rugby and near to Rugby train station and they also offer free parking. In addition, they offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working/hours – full time roles are contracted at 35 hours per week.
- The opportunity to work remotely (dependent on role).
- 25 days holiday and Christmas Eve, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees can join from day one of employment - employer contributes 10.5% of salary and the employee contributes 5%.
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary).
- Bike to Work scheme.
About our client
Our client is a change making organisation that works in unconventional ways. They put ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
They do things differently, so answers that start small can grow big - bringing people together in bold collaborations, using innovation and knowledge to build futures free from poverty, and helping shape a world that works better for everyone.
They treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
Please note that should they recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, they will close applications earlier than the specified date.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st June 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.