Personal Assistant to Managing Director
- Job Title: Personal Assistant
- Date: May 2019
- Place of Work: Cambridge or London
- Reporting To: Managing Director
- Remuneration: c£22,000 – £26,000 pro rata based on experience
Established in 2004, Reach Cambridge Limited specialises in offering a range of short residential study programmes for bright and ambitious 14 to 18 year-olds from all over the world.
Due to an increase in the Managing Director’s work load and responsibilities we now wish to appoint an experienced, confident and energetic Personal Assistant to support her.
You will be very much centre-stage in this well-established, highly respected and growing business. As well as undertaking all the usual administrative and executive functions of a PA, you will perform an ambassadorial role for her as it relates to developing and maintaining relationships with schools, students and parents in other countries. This typically involves arranging travel itineraries, planning meetings, resolving problems and instructing others.
In line with the company’s ethos that work should be fun, flexible and entrepreneurial, we are happy to consider applicants who may wish to work on either a full-time or part-time basis. The organisation is based in Cambridge but the MD lives in London. The ideal candidate would be based in Cambridge, but we will consider applications from London and locations between London and Cambridge. In all cases, you will primarily be working remotely with weekly meetings in Cambridge.
Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard, critically you must have strong and relevant PA experience; a cheerful and positive ‘can-and-will-do’ attitude; and a keen interest in caring, nurturing and welcoming the young adults who place their trust in us for the two weeks they are our guests.
Purpose of Job:
As PA to the managing director you will carry out a range of important ambassadorial and administrative duties for her and the leadership team.
- Manage and oversee the MD’s daily and weekly administrative tasks such as internal and external communications; preparing papers and venues for regular and ad hoc meetings; and receiving, and where appropriate, resolving enquiries directed at her office.
- Support the MD and members of the leadership team with trip preparations and logistics, occasional market research and contacting schools worldwide.
- Prepare and implement plans and logistics relating to our residential programmes, and arrange group bookings for events and excursions including travel and meal requirements for our guests.
- Implement staffing, logistical and administrative decisions taken by the MD either directly or by instructing others and following through with reviews and updates on progress and shortcomings.
- Liaise with clients, teachers, coordinators, students, parents and suppliers to address their needs or expedite commitments so that routine and ad hoc matters can be resolved efficiently and without always involving the MD.
- As a confidante of the MD develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within and outside the company so that her interests and those of Reach Cambridge are best served by her office.
- Undertake all other administrative duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of the role as may be requested by Reach management.
- Uphold, protect and promote the Company’s core values, operating standards, protocols and HR policies and procedures.
- At least two A levels
- Familiar with higher education sector, school administration hospitality and tourism.
- Use of the internet, MS Word (advanced), Excel and PowerPoint (intermediate).
- Numerate, articulate and engaging.
- Strong typing and note-taking skills.
- Confident, positive, enthusiastic and motivated.
- Mature, resilient and determined.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively alone and within a team
At least five years’ previous PA/secretarial experience highly desirable – in the hospitality, tourism or education sector.
HOW TO APPLY:
For a full job description and application form please visit our website: www.reachcambridge.com/jobs.
Please submit your application form, and email with a CV and covering letter by 11.59pm on Sunday 16th June 2019.
Interviews will take place in late June in Cambridge or London.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.