Junior Avionic Supervisor - Nights
- Full Time
Junior Avionic Supervisor - Nights
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Junior Avionic Supervisor on a full time, permanent basis.
- Undertake and supervise tasked maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, Aircraft Ground Handling, flight servicing, aircraft role changes, AD embodiments, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
- Reviews operational performance of aircraft components & systems. Analyse and diagnose faults to components & assemblies, apply diagnostic skills & knowledge to effect repairs or modify equipment or suggest improvements to procedures.
- Ensure that your team complete maintenance to schedule and resolve any issues, escalate as required.
- Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
- Maintain personal task competencies for working on aircraft or components and those of people under your control
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have completed an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent apprenticeship/qualifications, City & Guilds 2675 Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or NVQ Level 3 Aeronautical related discipline and extensive Supervisor experience including type, classed as fully competent with all required 'Authorities' in place.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.
Closing date: 6th June 2019