Press & Public Affairs Manager
Harvey Nash's public sector client is recruiting for a Press & Public Affairs Manager on an initial 3 month contract. Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager you will manage the media activities for the business. You will be expected to play an active part in both campaign planning and day-to-day tactical delivery of these campaigns, as well as provide expert advice on media handling, responding to media enquiries and building effective relationships with the media.
* Experience of working in media management, preferably in a government or public sector role
* Existing (or an ability to build) strong two-way relationships with journalists
* A thorough understanding of how to minimise the impact of negative press
* Experience of writing impactful content for multiple channels and audiences, including B2B and B2C communications, press releases, speeches, blogs, forewords, broadcast scripts, and writing for the web
* Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work with and influence colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels
To apply, please send your CV using the link or contact Kevin Robson.