Welfare Benefits Advisor
Welfare Benefits Advisor
Wakefield, Halifax, Blackburn or Colne
Permanent | 37 hours p/week
The Together Housing Group is a leading Housing Association based in the North of England. We are based from Blackburn in the West to Hull in the East, with over 37,000 homes and actively improving the lives of over 50,000 residents. We are currently enjoying a period of sustained growth, which is reflected in an increase of new quality homes that we building and we’re committed to offering a first rate customer service, providing well maintained landscapes and communal areas that surround the homes we provide.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Together Housing as a full-time Welfare Benefits Advisor to -
- Provide Welfare Benefits advice and case work to Together tenants
- Advise colleagues and other teams on Welfare Benefits issues.
- Engage in targeted work with customers on Welfare Reform issues to manage business risk.
- Work with partner agencies to provide specialist advice to our customers.
The Welfare Benefits Team is a dispersed team across Together Housing and is part of the Tenancy Sustainability and Welfare Benefits Service. The Service offers expert advice and assistance to maximise income for tenants, increase rental income, sustain tenancies and mitigate the effects of Welfare Reform.
You will ensure that all parts of the service meet our current service standards and quality measures and report against a set of key performance indicators and targets, developing and utilising digital monitoring tools and data.
In order to be successful as a Welfare Benefits Advisor you will require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of Welfare Benefits and advising customers of their benefit entitlement, including Universal Credit.
- Experience of liaising and working with other agencies to signpost individuals for support and advice.
- Detailed knowledge of Social Security rules and systems in order to advise our customers correctly and appropriately.
- Ability to advise and support customers with complicated benefits issues and undertake relevant casework.
- Expertise in negotiating and advocating successfully by telephone and in writing
Due to the nature of the role, you will require a full driving licence with access to a vehicle insured for business use
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
A great flexible working environment with a range of family friendly policies.
Comfortable office spaces with up to date ICT equipment.
A huge scope of personal development opportunities.
A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well.
For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme.
The closing date for applications is 17th June, with interviews being held in Halifax on the 24th & 25th June.
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation.