Digital Account Manager - The Pools
Reach and The Football Pools (TFP) launched a joint venture betting brand, Thepools. Combining TFPs expertise of running a gambling business with Reach's large portfolio of newbrands, huge sports audiences and high quality content to deliver traffic, presented a significant opportunity for Reach to achieve a key strategic objective of building a diverse product portfolio and revenue streams. As our Digital Account Manager you manage and execute effective digital marketing campaigns for thepools, delivering against the business strategy and marketing plan, optimising campaign performance and innovating new ways of driving campaign success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced digital media practitioner to gain and develop knowledge of all our brands, platforms and formats, learn new skills, and to have ownership of the success of a new national digital brand.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Front line role in the management of Reach digital campaigns for thepools, focusing on the day to day management of thepools digital advertising activity from a Reach perspective
- Successfully executing and taking full ownership of the effective digital marking plan and campaigns for thepools
- Working with Ad Ops to book and deploy digital campaigns according to thepools market plan/ requirements
- Managing the weekly media schedule, booking inventory, including the provision of ad creative
- Maximising campaign delivery, redeploying under-delivery; identifying/ developing additional inventory opportunities
- Monitoring campaign performance and optimising based on formats, media, devices, audiences segments, timing, creative, context, placement, view ability and other key factors
- Utilise audience, first party data and our DMP in campaign optimisation, including the creation of audience through the gathering of data
- Monitor performance from DFP and Google Analytics reports to maximise campaign conversion rates
- Producing reports on campaign delivery and performance for Reach and other use as required
The Ideal Candidate
Required knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours
- A good knowledge of digital advertising.
- Extensive personal experience of managing large and diverse digital display campaigns
- Knowledge of campaign booking, ad serving, reporting and analysis systems
- Attention to detail whilst working to deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office software, particularly Excel
Desirable knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours
- A good communicator with the ability to be persuasive through verbal and written communications
- Exposure to the delivery of sports betting campaigns/ briefs previously, however this isn't essential.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at