Residential Development Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Role: Residential Development Manager (Ref 1980)
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Salary: £14,942.20+ accommodation included
Job Sector: Retirement - Independent Living
Hours: Monday - Friday; 9.00am-5.00pm (35 hours per week)
As Residential Development Manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Ensuring there’s a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment within the development
- Making sure the building is well maintained and safe
- Being exceptionally organised to stay on top of all the admin that comes with alongside communicating with the customers about upcoming changes, events or works
The Residential Development Manager reports directly into the Area Manager.
You will currently be working within or have experience of a customer service environment and have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally in a face to face environment.
Warm and friendly communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to resolve issues and any complaints effectively to the customers complete satisfaction quickly and efficiently.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing daily checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
You are IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets and are fluent in the different MS packages.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you’re not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples’ home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Maintain a high profile around the development / office, ensure our residents are checked within our requirements.
- In the event of an emergency, call the appropriate response team or authorities.
- Carry out daily checks ensuring the building is safe and secure, keeping all communal areas, gardens and grounds clean and maintained through effective management of contractors.
- Be responsible for all works being completed, raising orders, managing contractors, monitoring progress and signing off completion.
- Encourage and support the formation of a Residents Association, and work with them to enhance the customer experience for residents.
- Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting a Social Committee to plan and run social events for all residents.
- Build and maintain links with residents family members, local authorities; Doctors, Social Workers, Health Authority etc as required and appropriate.
- Maintain records in line with internal procedures, ensure all data is protected and kept secure at all times.
- Assist in the sale and re-sale of property via estate agents, make new residents feel welcome and help them settle in; where possible being present to welcome them.
- Work across your local peer team of Development Managers for advice and day to day support and travel to team / company meetings on a monthly / annual basis
Friendly – We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive – We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful – We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled – We’ve the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We’re informed, and we’re always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy – We’re always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We’ll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Ready to Apply?
Click the below apply button to start your application for this role. We will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions. You may also be asked to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests online.
If you meet the criteria for the role we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager and up to three other key stakeholders.
About the Company:
We look out for people’s best interests, and show we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
We’re creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities
We listen, consult and take on-board people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times
We’ve the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We’re informed, and we’re always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service
We’re always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments
We pride ourselves on the following standards:
- Strong Health and Safety
- High Site Standards
- Great Customer Communications
- Healthy Estate Finances
Click apply below for further information!