DevOps IT Engineer
Job Position: DevOps IT Engineer
Location: Uxbridge - Permanent employment
Start Date: 31st May 2019,
Closing Date:28th June 2019
S P A Business Services Limited, based at Stockley Park, Uxbridge, requires DevOps IT Engineer. Applicants must be experienced in key part of DevOps services is to enabling business to focus on competitive edge in their respective areas while helping with streamlining operational processes and must demonstrate a proven work track record to enable the following key responsibilities of the role:
- Implement automation across the software delivery process whilst reducing effort required for build and deployment tasks
- Responsible for liaison with hardware infrastructure provisioning team and configuration teams.
- Work with technology heads across platforms to build the best of breed platforms to run our services.
- Demonstrate experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining development, staging and production environment
- Work with service quality on AWS for monitoring, alerting, incident & change management
- Ability to work supporting a number of different remote teams and projects.
- Build of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Working with Product Owners to understand the capabilities required and the scenarios of testing.
- Working within and across Agile teams; design, develop, test, implement, and improve the technical solutions
- Ensure suitable levels of monitoring and alerting are in place to keep Infrastructure and Engineering teams aware of issues
- Work with teams to establish runbooks and procedures to keep outages to a minimum.
Qualifications, Experience and Mandatory Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5+ years in within a software engineering environment and as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with agile methodologies and working across multiple Scrum teams.
- Proficiency in building and systems administration of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Experience in creating CI-CD pipelines using Jenkins/Bamboo
- Strong experience of cloud infrastructure; in particular AWS.
- Educated to Computing Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of container orchestration ideally Kubernetes for setting up production grade, highly available, highly scalable Kubernetes clusters for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform, Helm)
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills and Strong team player.
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your CV!