Our client has an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,900 people.
They are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Their product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Our client represents exactly what they do and have always done. Their purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
They are currently looking for 10 enthusiastic individuals to join our team in Thatcham in the position of HGV Driver
Including but not limited to:
- Comply with LGV Drivers Hours Regulations
- Ensure that none of the Companies Undertakings with regards to Goods Vehicle Operator Licensing are breached
- Comply with all Legislation relating to the Road Traffic Act or other relevant legislation
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation & Company Health & Safety Policy
- Complete deliveries as instructed
- Communicate any issues relevant parties
- Drive in a fuel efficient, safe, conscious way
- Average of 2 nights out per week
- Any other relevant duties as requested by management
The successful candidate will require:
- Current LGV license
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good standard of physical fitness
- Ability to work within set time frames
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety & Risk Assessment
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.