3 days left
- Full Time
Reach Plc are looking for a talented new team member to develop and deliver a robust portfolio of promotional, community and corporate events. You will support the promotion, organisation and running of our East Midlands event calendar.
This role is a six month contract, with the strong potential to go permanent.
Reach Events support over 100 business events from Newcastle to Plymouth covering, Business, Sport, Community, Tech & Digital, Women in Business, Farming and more. This is an exciting time for Reach Events as we are expanding to accommodate a growing demand for high quality events.
This is an exciting time for the East Midlands as our digital & prints brands such as DerbyshireLive, LeicestershireLive and NottinghamLive plan to expand its range of events.
This role can be based in either our Leicester, Nottingham or Derby offices.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Managing event plans from conception, launch, live event and follow up
- Liaising with key stakeholders including speakers, sponsors and venue managers
- Working collaboratively with our editorial, commercial and marketing teams to deliver event objectives against deadlines
- Assisting with promoting the events through networking and forward planning
- Supporting budgets and time scales, including full Profit and Loss accounts
- Researching suitable venues, suppliers, entertainment and speakers whilst negotiating prices with suppliers and contractors
- Promoting and raising the profile of the business across key events
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous demonstrable experience within an events role
- Experience in producing event plans and reporting feedback
- Ability to manage multiple projects with problem solving capabilities
- Strong level of IT literacy, including the use of full Microsoft suite
- Ability to budget and monitor spending
- Previous experience in commercially profitable events
- Familiarity with AV and Production is desirable
- Influential in engaging well with your audience in a confident manner to achieve effective results
- Demonstrable networking within the region is an advantage
- Experience of GSuite is an advantage
- Flexible approach to a varied calendar of events, including overnight stays as required
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and have access to own vehicle
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc has a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase scheme, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at