Volunteering Support Officer
Volunteering Support Officer
We're Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
We are now seeking two Volunteering Support Officers to join us and provide outstanding administrative and team support to enable the delivery of our volunteering strategy at our hospital sites.
The Volunteering Support Officer is a new role within our team, which we have established to respond to the way we have grown and developed our volunteering programme over the last three years.
- Salary of £26,000 - £28,000
- Free gym membership and access to yoga classes
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with employer contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
Here at Imperial Health Charity, we are just as passionate about the success of our staff and volunteers as we are about making a difference to patient care. You’ll be supported and encouraged to increase your knowledge and skills through a personal development plan and ongoing training to ensure you reach your full potential.
With our help, you’ll have the chance to become a vital part of our organisation as you support our volunteers to feel equipped to succeed in their roles.
So, if you’re ready to make a positive difference with an ambitious charity, this is the role for you.
As the Volunteering Support Officer, you will work with our Volunteering Manager to ensure that our volunteers feel empowered to provide helpful and empathetic support for patients and staff.
In this vital role, you will be the first port of call for all enquiries relating to volunteering and will play a lead part in the early stages of the volunteer journey.
Your role will also involve:
- Carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks
- Ensuring that all enquiries and applicants receive a friendly and prompt response
- Providing advice and support to hospital staff who are working with, managing and/or supporting volunteers
- Building and managing relationships with educational institutes and local community groups to promote volunteering opportunities
- Managing the use of external online advertising platforms to attract new volunteers
- Delivering volunteer training
Interested? To be considered, you will need experience in the following:
- Providing excellent administration in a fast-paced office environment
- Working with volunteers, either as a paid member of staff or as a volunteer yourself
- Producing written material for a variety of channels, including websites, social media and print
- Managing administrative tasks for events, including bookings, venue logistics and event resources
A degree or equivalent relevant experience is also essential.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week. One post will be based at Hammersmith Hospital and the other in our Charity Office on Edgware Road, supporting St Mary's and Western Eye hospitals.
The closing date for applications is 19th June 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 1st July 2019.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Support Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Volunteer Programme Officer, Volunteer Administrator, Volunteer Support Administrator, Support Administrator or Administrator.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Volunteering Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.