Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen - Corporate Associate
Posted on May 16, 2019
In today's dynamic business and regulatory environment for corporate transactions, our clients need a partner with knowledge, versatility and determination to help you achieve your goals.
Our lawyers work on the full spectrum of corporate transactions and are located in offices across the globe in order to deliver seamless, integrated solutions to clients. Using a forward-thinking approach, Dentons works together with the client to create innovative solutions, helping them preserve value while managing risk.
From strategic planning through due diligence to post-closing integration, we are by our client's side, helping them effectively and efficiently meet their business needs. Our practical approach, coupled with sound, constructive and responsive advice, allows clients to navigate roadblocks at critical moments.
With transactional expertise, deep knowledge of the industries in which our clients operate and far-reaching experience in advising global, national and emerging companies, we maximize our global presence and local expertise to meet client needs.
Purpose of role
We now have an opportunity for an Associate to join the Corporate transactional team in Edinburgh or Glasgow. The successful candidate will develop their expertise in a team that has deep sector knowledge and far-reaching experience in advising global, national and emerging companies and was named Corporate Team of the Year at the Law Awards of Scotland during November 2017.
The Corporate team deals with all types of corporate transactions, UK-wide and often with an international dimension.
The practice encompasses M&A, private equity and other equity funding, equity capital market transactions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances, and corporate recovery mandates for public and private companies alike.
You will maintain and grow client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The role would be ideal for a 3 to 5 year pqe lawyer, however we would consider more senior candidates.
- You will take a lead role on a wide range of corporate work, with exposure to all aspects of public and private company transactions
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of corporate transactions within the M&A and equity funding environment
- Experience of corporate transactions within the equity capital markets and/or corporate recovery environments is advantageous but not essential
- You will ideally have experience of working with UK and international clients in the corporate sector
- You will ideally have experience of preparing and participating in pitches to clients
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact