Grounds Maintenance Operative / Gardener
2 days left
- Full Time
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and we are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver our service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
About the role:
The Grounds Maintenance Operative will provide an effective and efficient grounds maintenance service to our communal planted areas and retirement homes schemes. Duties will include cutting and trimming grass, weeding, cutting back and shaping shrubs and hedges and disposing of green waste.
Your working hours will be 08:30-16:30.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of landscaping, grounds maintenance and grass cutting work in domestic gardens and communal landscaped areas.
- The ability to safely operate and carry out basic maintenance on a variety of mechanised equipment such as lawn mowers, strimmers and hedge cutters.
- Someone who is physically fit and capable of working out of doors in all weather doing arduous tasks.
- A valid full driving licence.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary 25 days holiday rising to 30 after five years service
- Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Up to 3 paid professional subscriptions
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash-plan including employee assistance
- Regular bonus points from our GUS Intranet, which lead to vouchers
- Free parking at all our offices
- Discounted cinema tickets
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey with us …