Salary: £26,265 - £30,000 + 6% Pension + up to 20% Bonus
Closing Date: Friday 21 June 2019
Are you looking for a new challenge in a user research focused role?
Would you like to provide the foundation for product development at a global publishing organisation, which provides international research to over 130 countries?
The User Researcher is responsible for leading the delivery of user research and championing the voice of the customer throughout the product development lifecycle. The user researcher will intrinsically understand the wants, needs and frustrations of our customer base, and translate these into actionable and commercially relevant insights for business stakeholders. This role keeps the business accountable, and ensures stakeholders are able to make evidence-based decisions when delivering new products and services. Domestic and foreign travel will be required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead user research projects, leveraging the most appropriate research methodologies to extract key insights from our global customer base (e.g. focus groups, depth interviews, contextual inquiry).
- Manage the concept and usability testing of new products and services, both in-person and remotely.
- Work across the business to bring relevant web analytics, market research, competitor analysis and customer insight into the research and development lifecycle.
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers, fostering and developing a network of research and development partners.
- Promote best-practice with regards to user research, providing junior team members with mentorship and learning opportunities.
Who They’re Looking For:
- Ability to extract detailed user research requirements from both internal and external stakeholders and translate these into rigorous user research initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience in the execution of multiple user research techniques (e.g. contextual inquiry, depth interviews, basic quantitative techniques, moderated usability testing).
- Influence senior managers to make customer-focused decisions based on research outputs, web analytics and other market insights.
- Translate both quantitative and qualitative user research into actionable and commercially relevant recommendations.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in digital product development.
- Knowledge of user-centred design and standard usability heuristics.
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Curiosity – observant, attentive and focused listener with personable and empathetic traits.
- Ambition – adopts a growth mindset, and proactively manages time to deliver multiple projects.
- Purpose – enthusiastically engaging customers to foster positive and lasting relationships.
About Our Client:
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, they continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where they feel they can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. They publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via their dedicated research platform.
What matters to them:
Excellence: Always pursuing greatness, taking pride in everything they do.
Individuality: They have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: They strive to go beyond what’s possible to delight their customers.
Purpose: Their entire motivation is to help their communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: They listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Their open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.