Flight Sciences Simulation Engineer
The successful candidate will be Embedded within the Flight Sciences and Simulations (FS&S) team and will play a pivotal role in the upgrade/further development of our Flight Trainer Static Simulator.
The primary role will be to support the Flight Trainer simulation upgrade/further development such that the project's goals are met, development schedules are maintained and problems encountered during the development process are resolved.
The Flight Sciences Simulation Engineer will be expected to support a wide range of simulator developmental activities within the Flight Science & Simulation team, including:
- Matlab/Simulink model development, integration and testing of aircraft system models.
- Simulation development, testing and application with results analysis to provide an understanding of the component models and their interactions with the overall air vehicle.
- Collaborative working with team members in the definition and testing of complex system emulations.
- Investigation of modelling and simulation tools to meet internal customer requirements and subsequent development of applications for delivery to the end user.
- Verification and Validation of models/simulations.
- Delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work, and provision of documentation (ICDs, User Guides, Delivery Notes) for models, simulations and applications.
- Process development and maintenance.
- Configuration management.
- In conjunction with FS&S team members create a prioritised simulation development plan and contribute to its delivery.
- Engage effectively across all FS&S and Flight Test disciplines to ensure simulation best practice is implemented and understood by people with varied technical backgrounds.
- Maintain an awareness of simulation technology developments and exercise judgement in determining when and how to adopt these into new working practices.
Key skills, knowledge and experience include:
- Educated to degree level or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent subject.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrable and relevant experience.
- Ability to apply your experience to air vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics.
- Excellent Matlab and Simulink skills.
- Strong knowledge of current and evolving simulation technologies.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with configuration management for simulation development.
- Ability to prepare technical documentation, including test plans, reports.
- Ability to liaise with other technical systems design groups with the Company.
- A good supporting knowledge of multi-physics problems would be beneficial.
- Experience in using C or C++, in GUI development, familiarity with Vector CANOE and/or Flight GEAR would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will be a self-disciplined team player with proactive work ethic and flexible approach. You will be keen to contribute to the quality, safety and integrity of the aircraft and enjoy working as part of a highly-dedicated and motivated team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.